Little Bean is Growing!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Countdown is ON!!!!!

We are 38 weeks today!!!! I never thought the day would come when we would be only 2 weeks away from our due date! This is so surreal! It seems like just yesterday when Justin and I found out we were going to be parents that rainy Spring evening on May 13th 2010! The emotions were so strong that night and they have yet to calm since then! We are beyond happy, excited, anxious, nervous, and thrilled to be parents to this little boy of ours! It will be any day now that we will be able to hold our little Ethan and start sharing wonderful memories as a family!

We feel 100% ready for Baby Ethan now! Such a great feeling! Everything on our "To Do" list is now checked off and our hospital bags are packed with the car seat installed! It is such a big relief knowing we are now ready! We are obviously feeling a lot of anticipation for the labor and delivery, but we are keeping our focus on little Ethan and wishing him to be a healthy baby boy! That is our only concern at this time and please keep us in your thoughts as we approach this special day!

A week ago I had a doctor's appointment and I had not started progressing yet. I was 0% effaced with no dilation. However, it was confirmed the baby has been officially dropped for a while and the doctor could even feel his head. At our appointment 2 days ago we had progressed quite a bit! I was 80% effaced and 1 cm dilated! We are very excited that the progression has begun! It is just a waiting game now! The doctor thinks he could arrive a little early since he has been so low, but we are hoping he stays put until at least this time next week!

I have had such a great pregnancy so far! I received negative results on all my tests, my blood pressure has been great, and my weight gain has been very healthy. Sure there have been some side effects I could have done without, but in all an easy pregnancy! In every ultrasound Ethan has been right on target as well! I am still measuring small, but the doctor is not worried at all! But, this last month has been very hard on my body! I cannot believe the difference I feel from just a few weeks ago! I am usually fine during the day, just an achy body, but by night time my body hurts so bad that I cannot sit, stand, or even lay down without being terribly uncomfortable! I have had have so much pressure on my lower abdomen and into my pubic bone for about 2 weeks now that it is almost unbearable at times. My hips and lower back hurt quite a bit and sometimes my legs don't even feel like they are attached to my body! I guess it's just all the pressure from the baby being so low. Thank goodness for my amazing husband! He has seen my activity level drop a lot the past few days and has been helping me out tremendously! I know I can get through anything with his love and support! I am so lucky! :) I understand that these uncomfortable days will soon be a thing of the past, so I am trying to appreciate every last moment of being pregnant with my little Ethan! It won't be long now!

Here are some updated photos of Ethan's room! It is pretty much finished, just need to hang some pictures. We plan to put a big newborn picture of him over the changing table when he arrives! We cannot wait to start taking pictures of our little guy!!!!

This is a painting my sweet and talented friend Robin made for baby Ethan! The painting is so precious and we LOVE it so much!




Ethan has lots of toys in his Toy Tote!




We just love all the books! Justin reads to baby Ethan already and his favorite book is, "I love you Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment