Little Bean is Growing!

Friday, January 7, 2011

The LAST and FINAL week?! Only time will tell!

Well, here we are, less than a week until our due date! What an incredible journey this has been! Justin and I have shared so many wonderful moments though this experience and we will forever have everlasting memories of our first pregnancy! After more than 10 years together, it seemed impossible to grow any closer than we already were, but through this experience we are even more respectful and dedicated to each other than ever before. We have shared so many things together like sharing our Sr. year of High School, growing out of our teenage years, going through college, traveling to 13 different countries, getting married, getting our first real jobs, moving away from home, and adopting Miley together. Now we get to experience the most beautiful roles in life, becoming parents together! I can only imagine how amazing things will be when our little lovie arrives and impacts our lives every day! We are so thankful!

We had our appointment earlier this week and we had made more progress! I am now 90% effaced and dilated to 1 centimeter. The doctor thinks I will have an easy labor since we have been so healthy thus far and progressing nicely. She is happy with my effacement as she said that can be the longest part of early labor, just getting to 100% effaced. We found that very encouraging! The baby is at a -1 station and is considered as low as possible before being considered in labor! When searching for his heartbeat she also noticed that he had now perfectly aligned himself for labor whereas before his body was a little off center! I am so happy he is in position and extremely low, hopefully less pushing time! After the exam, the doctor was pleased to see "things are preparing for labor" and since then I have had some additional "indications" (will leave out, TMI!) that labor is right around the corner!

So now its just a waiting game! Dr. Grounds said he could come anytime and to have my "bags packed" but it is impossible for anyone to predict when this baby will decide to come. Since I am progressing well and he is already incredibly low, she doesn't think I would go post due. However, she said if he is not here by next week, she would induce me on my due date if I wanted to. As desperately as I want to hold my baby and start our new lives together, induction is not something we had even considered as we wanted everything to happen as naturally as possible. With Induction rates skyrocketing, I wasn't surprised to hear the offer as most Mom's are very excited about. We are not completely opposed to having to do it, but will avoid it as much as possible since induction increases more drugs being needed, they have typically longer labors and a higher rate of needing a c-section if you do not progress fast enough. And with 1/3 of all deliveries ending in c-section these days, we really do not want to be induced. So needless to say, if baby boy does not arrive by next week, we will try to wait it out as long as possible to let him come on his own until medical intervention is necessary.

On a funny note, Justin and I have barely been sleeping at all this week and have been having insane dreams! Being pregnant, my dreams has been wacko since the beginning, but now I am actually having labor dreams and so is Justin! My first dream was great! I had an easy labor and had our beautiful baby boy and everything was perfect.

The next night I must have lost my mind! I dreamed I went through labor and everything was great except the fact that we were on an Indian Reservation and all of the Native American women were trying to give me all these herbal supplements for this and that, little strange but I went with it. Then out of nowhere the baby was here! Yay, exciting right?! Well, not exactly. The baby was a miniature ZEBRA!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, a ZEBRA! Everyone keep oohing and aweing over this little equine related bundle of joy and I kept telling everyone, this is NOT my baby Ethan! Everyone keep looking at me like I was crazy and telling me that it was my baby. They even tried to make me breastfeed this non-domesticated striped horse! I woke up in a panic drenched in sweat and was VERY thankful it was just a dream!

Justin rarely remembers his dreams and one night this week he had his first labor and delivery dream ever! He didn't remember too much about it, just that it was odd for him to be dreaming at all. It's clearly constantly on our minds and this baby better get here soon before his parents go insane! :)

Thank you to everyone who have been so encouraging and supportive to us throughout this pregnancy! We are so blessed to have such an amazing support system! Please be thinking about us over the next few days! This will be by far the most challenging and scary moment of this whole experience and will also be the most happiest as well. Please wish us to have a healthy and safe delivery of our baby boy!

With love,

Jessica and Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment