Little Bean is Growing!

Friday, November 19, 2010

8 Months!

We are into our 8th month this week and 32 weeks along! The finish line is drawing nearer! Things are going really well and overall I am feeling great! I can feel Ethan is definitely getting longer by the vast area of activity being covered in my belly! By this week he could have all his hair and sharp fingernails! We will need to pack some nail clippers in our hospital bag for sure! Speaking of, I have already made out my hospital bag list and lets just say Justin has his work cut out for him!

Our birthing classes are still very informative and we toured the hospital this week. The hospital has been around the KC area forever and has a great reputation for advanced medical practices and high security (they have never lost a baby!). It's great because right when you check in you get your own newly renovated labor/delivery room that is spacious and full of nice conveniences. The downfall is the Mommy and Me room after delivery is not updated and very small. It's probably what a hospital room looked like when Justin and I were born! The hospital is breaking ground on a whole new Maternity ward soon so that is why they have neglected to update the recovery rooms. It is really neat because when they finish their new construction, the older Maternity ward will be the NICU section and all the NICU babies will get their own rooms! I thought that was really sweet. There is a newer hospital that we also have rights to that we may go check out after Thanksgiving.

Last weekend was my baby shower in Kansas City! I am so lucky to have met great friends in Kansas City considering we knew absolutely no one when we moved here! I was missing a few people (you know who you are!) who could not make it, but I hope I get to see them soon! My friend Kelli hosted the lovely shower and she did a great job! Our activity was to decorate little onsies with iron on animals, paints, and fabric markers. It was fun to have a project and bring out our creative side! Ethan also received some great things like:

Cute outfits
Piggy bank
Hooded towels
Blankets
Matress cover and sheet saver
Bottle warmer
Baby Einstien toy

Here are some pictures:

My sweet host Kelli!



The decoration table!



Two of my oldest friends in KC, Alicia and Neatra!





Me and Christina! Our boys are less than 3 weeks apart!



No comments:

Post a Comment